2.06.2009

lucky

Awww. What a pretty, pretty song!


I do believe that Caillat and Mraz sound so lovely together. The combination of both perfect pitched vocals really enhances the beauty of "lucky." And the music video...I read that Caillat was filmed in Hawaii and Mraz in Prague. I'll be doing a little more research to see of how true it is.









In other music news, did you all know that the knitting factory is definitely moving on south of Manhattan. Yep, it's moving to Bk...Williamsburg but of course. I'm sad to see this historical music venue disappear. Does anyone else feel as though NYC music scene is just depleting, or is completely over? Where is my rich, musically cultured CITY!!!!???!!!

Take a look at the most recent news on TKF in The NY Times




http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/arts/music/01knitting.html?_r=3&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1233975799-xwhlFI6zJKdOXJEyVdK+xg


2 comments:

  1. I really like "Lucky" too! Usually I don't like Colby Caillat but she's really good with Jason Mraz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played the Knitting Factory three times now and each time is very memorable for me, and has a lot of meaning in my band's career. It is very sad to see the Knitting Factory go, along with CBGB's when it did and the music scene in general. There is no more rich musically cultured city unfortunately....everything is in Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts