3.17.2009

"We are The Ropes. We want to fight you."


The Ropes
started off as a four-piece band in '05, but have downgraded to just two.

Sharon Shy - vocals / bass
Toppy - guitars / drums / sounds

From NYC, the duo's sound is something of an indie rock formulated masterpiece. It's not unusual to see Toppy with a guitar strapped around his neck as he plays the drums. I find Sharon's voice to be captivating and sweet, but just edgy enough to enhance the overall sound of the band. Lyrically speaking...beautiful. Deep, truthful and everything you could possibly want from this small band.
"All I need
Is water and headphones
Those things are my staples
What I live and breathe"



*picture
courtesy of myspace



____________________________________________________________________


*google images

I wrote a review for this band call Virgo Loves Cancer and I really believe that they need to be recognized. I saw them perform live a The Tank- which i believe is still around canal street- and they were soooo amazing. I also interviewed them after their performance and they were so nice and very humurous, and wrote a little article a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts